Session: ABGESAGT: Packaging and Testing with Python
Achtung: Dieses Tutorial fällt leider aus!
We explore basic packaging activities using the latest tools from the Python ecosystem. We will setup our own PyPI server and use it for testing a release before pushing it to the public Python Package index. In several hands-on exercises we create a package with dependencies and walk through best practises for package management, particularly for organising company workflows.
The tutorial covers:
- introduction into current standards (30 minutes)
- basic setup.py file creation for metadata (30 minutes)
- setuptools mechanisms to specify dependencies (30 minutes)
- setting up a private PyPI server with devpi (30 minutes)
- testing a package (30 minutes)
- pushing a package to the public index (30 minutes)
The slides will be in english. Talking language will be english, to be determined at the tutorial start.
You need to bring a working Python interpreter and be prepared to edit files and execute command line utilities.
Tools we will be using: pip/easy_install, virtualenv, devpi, tox and pytest.